Tuesday, December 8, 2009

We made it to 36 weeks!

Praise the Lord, today marks 36 weeks, and 3 weeks of being in the hospital on bedrest. Thank you all for the prayers and support. I (Tara) feel like this is a huge milestone, and I feel so blessed that Crosby has been able to stay put and mature this long. We've definitely noticed that he is getting bigger, just by looking at my side profile these days. :) Dr. Wiedower came by this morning and told me that we are still planning to stay on the medication for 1 more week, until we reach 37 weeks, which is considered full-term. I honestly expect Crosby to arrive that day, but he may have something else in mind and keep his parents guessing a little longer. If he does not come by the time I am 38 weeks, I will be induced. Today, the doctor also told me that I am now allowed to sit up in a chair for a little while each day and increase my walking some to help me gain some strength before Crosby arrives. It is amazing how quickly you lose strength and endurance from lying in a hospital bed. I am wondering how I will be able to manage our stairs at home. Here is a picture of my wonderful visit from Amy and Gretta, who drove up from OBU yesterday afternoon. Amy learned to knit over her Thanksgiving break and knitted this amazing blanket for Crosby. I'll also put a picture of one of my favorite nurses here, Nancy, as she hooks me up to the monitors...part of our daily routine here on the antenatal unit. I am really going to miss the sweet nurses that have been taking such great care of us these past few weeks.

No comments: