Sunday, December 6, 2009

35 weeks and 5 days

We are 35 weeks and 5 days as of this morning. Tara and Crosby are doing well. It is a beautiful Sunday morning and despite my doubts the sun still rose this morning in spite of last night's SEC championship games. Imagine that.

If you've checked the blog in the last few days and not seen any updates, I'm sorry. Remind yourself that no news is good news.

We have a had a couple light rounds of contractions (that is just going to happen), but nothing like Wednesday evening. Crosby is still active, head down, raring to go. Tara is doing well. Her attitude is much better than mine would be if I was going on day 19 of hospital bed rest. Please pray for her mental fortitude and joy as we continue stay the course...and she stays in bed. As of now the game plan is still to stay on the Brethine medicine until 37 weeks (December 15). So in the meantime we continue to wait.

My mom, Roz or Dozzie as her grandsons know her, picked up a Christmas tree for the room this week. It was fun to decorate and bring some of the holiday season into our gray walled hospital room. I wonder if I can convince Tara to forgo our standard 8 foot tree and go with a 2.5 foot tree every year. Yeah right!

The blue and brown ornaments were a favor from a shower that Tara's college buddies threw for her. Sara Recktenwald added the custom Crosby rhyming reminder note to each one. They are especially appropriate for our hospital tree.

Yesterday enjoyed a visit from Tara's long time Pastor, Bro. Buddy and his wife Ms. Terry. Bro. Buddy was one of the ministers that married us and is the epitome of true pastoral care. It was so good to see them and visit.

5 comments:

Julee said...

Love the tree and the sweet ornaments! Looks like he may not wait for 2010 though! Thanks for the updates!

Whitney Garland said...

Chris and Tara, I send my continued thoughts and prayers for smiles and healthy baby in the holiday season!

The Bells said...

Tara,
Just came across your blog through Allyson Petty's. I've been reading through your recent posts, and...oh, my! Seems you've got an eager little guy on your hands! Or in your belly, i guess ;)

I can tell you've got a wonderful support system. Hang in there. It will all be worth it soon when you see that precious face and meet your little boy for the first time!

Matt and I will keep you in our prayers. Keep the updates coming!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed every minute of my stay with you guys this weekend. I'll try to keep my mind on work this week and look forward to seeing you next weekend. Love you all, Mama Loyd

westerman said...

I was definately hoping no news was good news and no that yall were too busy with a new baby to post! Can't wait to come visit again soon. love you guys!!!!!