Tuesday, December 15, 2009

All 3 Kears are home...and loving it.

You may have noticed that I am not posting as frequently as I was when we were just sitting around a hospital room waiting. It is as if there is something/someone occupying our attention. We came home from the hospital on Friday. Dozzie and Grandpa Kear got the house cleaned up and ready for us to come home to in addition to all the work that Grandpa and my cousin Tuck did in the master bath. We are so thankful for them. Lolly (Marion) and Tara flanked Crosby in the back seat of the Honda as we drove home. Tara commented that there were more potholes and large trucks on the interstate than ever before.

We are doing great now that we are home. Crosby is feeding well and Tara is working hard to figure this little guy out. Our days have consisted of feeding, sleeping (a little bit that is), diapers, and ogling...exactly as they should for new parents right? We took Crosby for his first checkup with our friend Dr. Aaron Ward (of pursuing pineapple fame). Crosby checked out just fine. His Billy Ruben count was slightly elevated, but nothing that a little bit of indirect sunlight can't help resolve. Crosby's birth weight was 6 lbs. 4 oz. His discharge weight when we left the hospital on Friday was 5 lbs. 13 oz. We were please to see him weigh in at 6 lbs. 2 oz at Dr. Ward's office, almost back to his birth weight after 5 days.

Pictures convey a lot more than words...so I'll use pictures to fill you in on the last few days.

Here is a link to an photo album from Crosby's first bath at home: http://picasaweb.google.com/chris.kear/CrosbySFirstBath#



Crosby's coming home outfit.



5 comments:

Brett and Jill said...

Oh he is beautiful!! Tara you are BEAUTIFUL! you look so good!!! I pray for sleep for all three of you. keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Yes I agree he is BEAUTIFUL !!
And I dont say that about very many babies. God Bless

David Lemons

Amber said...

So gorgeous!!!!!

What a precious precious baby!! Can.not.wait.to.hold.Sir.Crosby!!

The Nelson Family said...

Congratulations guys!!! I blog hopped my way here and am so glad I found your site. I'll be checking in. :) Crosby is precious and I am so excited for you guys and that he stayed put long enough to be a healthy little guy when he made his debut. You guys look fantastic. Definitely glowing! I know you will definitely be having a very merry Christmas this year! :) Blessings!

sara said...

I saw a baby that was two weeks old today and it made me think of Crosby. Except I bet the baby I saw was even bigger than Crosby. I can't wait to meet him. And, just so you know you need to remain faithful to your blogging because I'm checking daily:)