Wednesday, December 2, 2009

We made it to 35 weeks!

I'm sorry that it has been a few days since we've posted a blog update. Chris returned to work yesterday, so he does not have as much time on his hands to make a daily blog post. I guess I (Tara) will take over the blog for now since I have plenty of time on my hands these days. :) I have been overwhelmed by the love and support and prayers that we have received during these past 2 weeks. We are so thankful for the loving community that God has blessed us with.

As I said, Chris is back at work now and is enjoying the daily commute to and from LR. His mother, Roslyn, has been able to stay with me here in the hospital these past couple of days, which has been wonderful. I saw Dr. Wiedower this morning, and I am still at 5cm, 80% effaced. I was so glad to hear that we have not progressed since last Friday, despite having some pretty regular and intense contractions on Monday evening. When Chris arrived here after work that evening, he proceeded to lean down and (talking to my belly) tell Crosby that he was not allowed to act up and interrupt the Saints playing in Monday Night Football. :) Crosby minded his daddy and the contractions settled down eventually...and then the nurse let me eat! We had a great time cheering the Saints on and tried to not get too rowdy here in the hospital during such an exciting game (that is, if you were a Saints fan). Back to the visit with Dr. Wiedower this morning...she said that she plans to leave me on the medication until 37 weeks because she really wants me to be able to take Crosby home when he arrives. Thirty-seven weeks is considered full-term. She also scheduled an induction date for 38 weeks if he has not come by then...I think that is Dec. 22nd. But, I cannot imagine that I won't go back in to full blown labor as soon as they take me off the medicine. We'll just see...it is a day by day thing right now, and so we wait with eager anticipation knowing that God is in control and trusting his continued care and provision.

I had a wonderful surprise visit last night from my good friend, Molly Westerman, who is also expecting, and Stephanie Davis was so sweet to visit this morning. The days here in the antenatal unit really do fly by quicker than you would expect, which is a huge blessing. Crosby continues to look wonderful during his twice a day monitoring sessions, another huge blessing. He seems to be oblivious to all of this, and is moving and kicking around like crazy. I cannot wait (but I will b/c I know it's best for him) to meet this eager little guy. Here are a couple of pictures from the past few days:

3 comments:

Chris said...

Thanks for posting the update Love. Sorry that I have fallen down on my duties the last few days.

Jeremy and Merrilee said...

thanks tara for the post! i have been checking several times a day. we are praying for you guys. maybe we will make the trip again soon. miss you! do you need me to do anything for you around the house?

Shireen said...

YAY!!! Well, I praise the Lord that Crosby is 'hanging in there'!! :) And I praise Him, too, for your attitude, Tara!! What a praise that God has given you patience and desire for what is best for Crosby! As Chris has already said, you are ALREADY such a wonderful mother...Crosby is blessed. We continue to pray for each of you.
Love you all! :)