Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Baby Showers, Baptism & Nursery Progress


I'm pretty behind on updating this blog, so this post is probably going to contain too much info and pictures. I have been blessed with 2 very sweet baby showers in the past month. First, my best friends from college came into town and threw me a shower on the day of OBU's Homecoming. It was seriously the cutest baby shower I've ever seen--such precious details. Crosby and I felt so loved. It was wonderful to have a much-needed reunion with my girls...we only get together about once a year. Thank you, Abigail, Kitty, Sara, Anna & Laurin for making the trip and for a wonderful shower! (Laurin even flew in from her new home in New York City!)

Chris and I also traveled down to Rockport, Texas a few weekends ago for a very special event for our family. Our godson, Johnny, became a Christian, and he asked Chris to baptize him! It was a wonderful weekend with Michael, Nichole, and the family. Such a blessed celebration of what God has done and will do in Johnny's life.

This past Saturday I had a shower here in Arkadelphia at Judy Duvall's house. It was so sweet, and I am overwhelmed by everyone's generosity. Three of the hostesses had just had babies within the past few weeks (Terese & Amy had their babies just the week before)! Yay for all of these healthy, precious babies! Amazingly enough, they were all able to come to the shower, and they looked fabulous! Thank you Judy, Mona, Terese, Amy, Lauren, and Barbara, for such a wonderful baby shower. My mom and Chris' mom were both able to be here for the shower, and we had a great weekend "nesting." Probably the highlight of the weekend was when we got home from the shower, we found Chris and some sweet friends up in the nursery painting!!! Thanks to Caitlin, Stephen, Natasha & Wes for spending your Saturday painting our baby's nursery. It was such a wonderful surprise and such a relief to have that project completed! I have the sweetest husband in the world. Now we are in the fun stage of setting up the nursery.

I am 32 weeks in my pregnancy now and actually still feeling good. Just tired. I know that these last 2 months will absolutely fly by, and Crosby will be here before we know it. Things are really getting busy with all of the trips to Little Rock for doctor's appointments and our weekly trips to childbirth class. Chris and I are so thankful for this little miracle that God has blessed us with and for the amazing love and support that we have felt during these past few months.

5 comments:

Chris said...

Great post sweetie. I think that you covered everything!

Anonymous said...

Love the blog. Thanks for doing it. Love, Mama

Steven, Devin, and Ava Bertram said...

Yeah - I can leave a comment!!! You look so beautiful in all your pictures. You seriously are the poster child for pregnancy!!! We need to send in some pics to a magazine. I can't wait to see the finished nursery!
Devin

Brett and Jill said...

You look great!

kittyosmon said...

Love the pictures! You look absolutely radiant! Purple is your color! I can't wait to meet Crosby George!