Sunday, August 16, 2009

Thinset, Spacers, Tiles, Nippers, Wetsaw, Level, & Shims

We all know this blog is going to be Tara's thing, not mine. Occasionally when she is up in bed and I'm still roaming the house I'll post an update. We'll see how long it takes her to notice that I've made this post while she was sleeping.

This pic shows what I spent my evening doing...laying tile. It is coming along well. the faucets were a bit of a booger, but we cruised right through them. Tomorrow I'll try to tackle the rest of the wall including the cubbies. (If you look close at the top left of the picture you will see the aluminum foil that I taped to the window to keep it cooler while working in there during the August heat. Tara is begging me to apply the same window treatment to the rest of the house.)

UPDATE: 8:00 AM & Tara just discovered my post. She is a quick one.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Very sneaky! I loved your comment about the foil window treatment. :)

Shireen said...

I'm with Tara on the foil window treatment! :) Very "Pottery Barn-ish!!" :)

Proud of you for doing all this work, Chris! Way to go to BOTH of you for all the work AND living through it! God will continue to bless your diligence!!

Love yall, and we're so excited to see yall SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!! :)